Thursday, November 18, 2010

Personal Profile System… DISC.. Conscientiousness It Is

The day of this Leadership/ Management Diagnostic Test I was not present in class but reading about the four types, dominance, influence, conscientiousness, and steadiness, what best describes me is conscientiousness. Concentration on key details is something that I always do. When doing a project or an assignment, it becomes easy for individuals to become distracted and I also try to remind others of the key details that we have to follow and so forth. Additionally systematic approaches are something that I think is necessary as well as weighing pros and cons. Also, I like to be in an environment that allows me to show my expertise and recognize special skills for accomplishments.

If I can be another type I would want to be the dominance type. I would like to cause action and take authority. I'm very sometimes-ish went it comes to taking authority. If I am in a group that I don't know I do not take authority until the end and sometimes authority is needed in the beginning of an assignment or project to ensure the right results. On the other hand, I know what I have to do to become more dominant and that is something that I am working on. With both dominance and conscientiousness I can shape others around me to accomplish results while ensuring quality and accuracy.

I think it is indeed helpful to determine individual's management type because it can be the reason why they exceed or fail in certain situations. If the assignment was to try and persuade others to join your accounting team you need someone to step up to lead with an influence personality type, generating enthusiasm, making a favorable impression, and creating a motivational environment rather than someone like the type of conscientiousness, analyzing performance critically, checking for accuracy, and being diplomatic with others. Furthermore, knowing an individual’s personality type can give a sense of direction as to what steamed their ideologies and what they can and cannot do efficiently compared to someone else. Not everyone can work well together so knowing personality types can also be a technique used to form groups to better bring about results.

1 comment:

  1. I think to have a Conscientious management personality would really help in the accounting career you’re trying to pursue, as concentration on detail is extremely important. My major is accounting as well and I’m an ‘S’ according to the test, so I guess we chose the right career paths for our personalities…

    ReplyDelete