Sunday, November 14, 2010

Power of Vision....

One of my visions for the future is to become a Certified Public Accountant while being an accountant in a major firm. Becoming a CPA will put me ahead of others in my field. Being that I am a competitive person, I would want to work hard for any advantage to have over someone and to make hard decisions. Hard, concise, conceptual decision making is something many are individuals run from but I run towards them. The decisions come with many consequences and if something goes wrong I think I can handle what comes my way.  
Another vision is to work in a firm where I can travel to work with clients. I want to be able to work with different nationalities. It is always good to expand your mind to new people and things. Just staying in New York might be boring and a change of scenery sometimes is the way to go. Furthermore, new ideas would start to form and you can use that in decision making where innovation comes into play. I would explore different people and places while getting paid.
I like to cook and I always had visions in being a partner in a restaurant. I have visions of the menu, target group, and the designing of the restaurant. I would do it myself but knowing how busy an accountant schedule is and me traveling, I know I would not be able to put my 100 %, everyday attention into it so partnership to me is the best next thing.
Speaking of partnership, a next vision is to become a partnership in an online tax software or website like “Turbo Tax”. Now a days, individuals are looking for the cheapest way to do taxes and Turbo Tax brought in many customers last year. If this rates continues, more and more are going to be doing taxes online by themselves and the use of accountants are going to decrease during tax season. So becoming a part of an online tax agent will be either a safety net in case of a major decrease in my  clients or another way to increase my salary.  

1 comment:

  1. interesting how your experience differed from mine, when i went the lady immediately just put in the order with out hesitation. I think its so cool how the same task in the same business can have so many different results.

    ReplyDelete